The STARS 2016 Conference in Perth aims to disseminate and discuss current research, emerging initiatives, good practice and leading edge ideas that are directed at enhancing students’ tertiary learning experiences.
- Students – who are they, what are their needs, what works for different cohorts, strategies for broader social inclusion and increasing participation in tertiary education, participation of first nation peoples
- Transitions – pathways to tertiary education, transitions into (the first year experience) during (work integrated learning) and from tertiary education including graduate employability, and capstone experiences
- Achievement – strategies promoting student achievement including curricular and co-curricular reform, employability, gamification and simulation enhanced learning
- Retention – program, discipline, whole of institution, inter-institutional and sector collaborations designed to improve student retention, threshold skills and concepts
- Success – student engagement, technology enhanced learning, understanding students expectations and realities, psychological wellbeing, application of learning analytics
Registration closes 15 May 2016. Further information and registration details here.