Direct Support Tasks
- Advise students (in person and via email) on the design and analysis of the quantitative aspects of their assignments and research projects
- Advise staff on the design and statistical analysis of their research studies or other academic – related projects.
- Propose, develop and deliver statistics – related education programs for students and staff
- Collaborate with the rest of the learning support team to provide a range of activities specifically designed to improve students’ academic outcome
- Develop a three – year strategic approach to improve the quantitative literacy of the students and staff
Leadership and Management Tasks
- Manage and lead a team of academically strong volunteer students for the peer tutoring program of the University.
- Recruit appropriate peer tutors – assess applications, approve volunteers, and monitor a properly chosen coordinator and the rest of the team to ensure optimal support
- Liaise with academics to ensure good coordination between the peer – tutoring program of the University and the teaching and support of the lecturers and academic tutors
Planning and Reporting
- Meet regularly with the Campus Dean to discuss and review the activities of the Learning Support team and the peer tutoring program, ensuring continuous improvement
- Provide a quarterly activity report to EMG focussing on recommendations for the future
Applications close 31 January 2017.