Foundation Studies Teacher $65,064 – $88,293 per annum plus superannuation. This is a full time (37.5 hours per week) contract until 2 June 2019. The applicant must be available for commencement on 25th June.
- Join the university of opportunity and success
- Showcase your innovative teaching skills
- Located at Victoria University’s Footscray Park campus
About the Role
The Foundations at VU course is an alternative entry pathway leading to higher education undergraduate and higher education diploma studies. It is designed specifically for domestic students who have not met direct entry requirements and are pursuing future studies in higher education. The International Foundations programs at VU commenced in 2018 and are comparable in standard to an Australian year 12 and prepare students for the needs of first year tertiary studies at Victoria University. Foundations Studies Teachers will also contribute to the curriculum development of other pathways programs under consideration by the university.
About the Person
You will be an experienced year 12 or senior secondary Mathematics teacher or International Foundation year teacher, with a reputation for innovative and engaging curriculum delivery based on contemporary educational practices. An appreciation of cross cultural sensitivities will inform your day to day dealings with students as you inspire and support them to achieve their goals in this collaborative learning environment. The Mathematical units that the successful applicant will teach and develop are Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra, Probability and Statistics, and Calculus and Vectors.
An example of duties you may perform will include:
- Develop and facilitate learning activities face-to-face or in a blended capacity as appropriate, which stimulate and foster student learning and which reflect a command of the discipline and contemporary pedagogical practices.
- Engage in scholarly teaching practice, including the evaluation and continuous improvement of teaching practice.
How to apply:
For a Position Description and to submit an application please visit our website www.vu.edu.au/jobs
Applications must be submitted as a single document comprising;
- A cover letter
- Your CV
- Your responses to the selection criteria listed in the Position Description
Please note: Applications which do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Closing Date: June
More information here