Closing Date: 16th August
More information here
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
Student Affairs contributes to the educational mission of Qatar University by providing innovative opportunities, quality programs, and efficient services that enrich the students’ learning experience and their personal development.
Qatar University was founded in 1973 and is a member of the Arab Universities Federation and the International Federation of Universities. Qatar University offers Foundation programs as well as Undergraduate and Graduate degree programs to over 8,000 enrolled students. Please visit the QU website (www.qu.edu.qa) to learn more about our degree programs, our research, university facilities, and campus life.
Duties & Responsibilities
Teaches math workshops and remedial math concepts; manages Math Lab; supervises math tutors.
Teach workshops and conduct in-class presentations on mathematical concepts
Tutors Mathematics sessions with individual students, as well as with small groups of students.
Manages Math Lab and ensures SLSC math programming targets students’ academic needs.
Supervise and evaluate the Math Lab peer tutors.
Recruit new qualified tutors for Math Lab.
Provide Math-specific training for tutors and SI leaders who assist with Math courses.
Assess and evaluate Math tutoring services and create plans for improvement
Create new forms, policies, and/or procedures to facilitate better operation of the Math Lab tutoring.
Liaise between the undergraduate Math department, Foundation Math Department, academic advisors, and Academic Support Section.
Maintain and develop Math Lab resources such as textbooks, online tutoring, online resources, software programs &websites.
Provide individual academic coaching and guidance to students and refers students to appropriate resources.
Participate in SLSC academic support events.
Participate in New Student Orientation and College orientation sessions.
Assist in the development and delivery of SLSC marketing campaigns.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in math, engineering,or related field is required. Master’s degree is strongly preferred.
Knowledge of an undergraduate Math curriculum and a genuine interest in helping students required.
Ability to teach a variety of undergraduate basic and advance level of Math courses required. Previous experience in teaching or tutoring is required.
Excellent computer and information technology skills. Proficiency in computer application programs such as My Math Lab, Mini tab and SPSS preferred.
Excellent planning, organizational, and communication skills required
Bilingual ability in Arabic and English required.
- Curriculum Vitae with cover letter.
- Experience Certificates.
- At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information(physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- Competitive tax-free salary.
- Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
- Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
- Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
- Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate’s children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.