Closing Date: 14th September
More information here
School of Agricultural, Computational and Environmental Sciences
USQ has forged a reputation as one of Australia’s leading providers of on campus and online distance education programs in Australia. With more than 75% of students studying via distance or online, our delivery of external education resources continues to lead the way. Recently named as one of the top five Universities to work for in Australia, USQ provides staff with a positive and friendly environment where they are supported to fulfil their personal and career goals and contribute to the university’s success.
The School of Agricultural, Computational and Environmental Sciences is one of six schools within the Faculty of Health, Engineering and Sciences and includes approximately 40 academic staff covering teaching and research across a range of disciplines, including: Mathematics and Statistics, Computing and Information Technology, Physical Sciences (Chemistry and Physics), Environment and Sustainability, Agriculture, and Wine Science. In addition to delivery of core programs, the School has a significant role in the delivery of service teaching within a number of these disciplines to students in areas including Engineering, Nursing and Biomedical Science.
What you’ll do
An exciting and rewarding opportunity is now available for an experienced Lecturer in Statistics to provide high quality teaching, scholarship and research. Development and delivery of teaching material will include introductory and higher-level theoretical and applied statistical topics. Additionally, you will contribute to providing statistical consulting support to higher degree research students and research staff across all discipline areas at USQ.
Reporting to the Head of School, you will:
- Prepare and deliver course content, lectures, seminars and tutorials to a diverse cohort of on-campus and on-line students;
- Initiate, review and develop course materials, in collaboration with other Academic employees;
- Undertake administrative functions associated with teaching, including acting as course examiner, course moderation, consultation with students, marking and assessment; and
- Supervise students completing postgraduate coursework projects and higher degree research projects; and
What will help you succeed?
Your relevant tertiary qualifications combined with your ability to work collaboratively and collegially with fellow academics, professional staff and a range of external stakeholders will be pivotal to your success in this role. In addition, you will have:
- a demonstrated ability to develop and deliver high quality teaching to a diverse range of students in one or more of the following areas: statistical literacy, experimental design and analysis, statistical modelling or multivariate methods;
- experience in the use of statistical packages such as SPSS and R;
- Demonstrable excellence in communication, interpersonal and team-work skills required to achieve positive outcomes in cross-disciplinary and geographically-distributed teams;
- Capacity or potential to contribute to statistical consulting support for higher degree students and research staff; and
- Interest or experience in statistics outreach and/or public communication of statistics would be valued.
What we offer
As a staff member of USQ, you will experience of range of rewarding career, financial and lifestyle benefits, including generous superannuation, professional development programs, discounted personal travel and health services and many life work / life balance initiatives. You will also join a diverse and friendly team of professionals.
USQ Toowoomba is located on the beautiful Darling Downs in Queensland. Situated on the edge of the picturesque Great Dividing Range, just one and a half hours west of Brisbane and only two hours from both the Gold and Sunshine Coasts, Toowoomba offers all the benefits of urban living without any of the big-city pressures. With a population of approximately 160,000 residents, Toowoomba has an enviable reputation for quality of lifestyle and world-class education. Escape the pressures of big city life while still pursuing your career goals and enjoy all that this thriving regional community has to offer.
Reference Number: 103235
Term: Full-time continuing appointment
Salary: Total remuneration range $110,305 to $130,377 pa (includes salary range of $93,205 to $110,165 pa, employer superannuation contributions of 17% of salary and annual leave loading)
Closes: Friday 14 September 2018
At USQ we are united by our core values of Respect, Integrity and Excellence, which guide our daily actions and decision making.
If you think you can bring this role to life, we invite you to submit your resume along with a two-page statement outlining your motivation and suitability for the role. You can find out more about the role in the position description.