Closing Date: 3rd October
More information here
Job No.: 581111
Location: Clayton campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: 2 year fixed-term appointment
Remuneration: $95,297 – $113,166 pa Level B (plus 17% employer superannuation)
- Be inspired, every day
- Drive your own learning at one of the world’s top 80 universities
- Take your career in exciting, rewarding directions
There’s a certain feeling you get from working at Monash University. It’s the feeling that you’re a part of something special. Something significant. So if you’re looking for the next chapter in your career, it’s here. You’ll be given the opportunity to challenge yourself, build on your skills, and make a significant contribution to a workplace that’s filled with energetic and inspiring people. Talent thrives here – and so do truly satisfying careers.
The Faculty of Education centres itself upon delivering high-quality and ethical teaching, research, capacity building and community service in an effort to actively contribute to the public interest. We are looking for a Research Fellow to join the newly established Education Futures Initiative of the Faculty, to develop research methods and insights relating to STEM education.
Your key duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Undertake research to establish data-driven solutions that provide insight into the importance for STEM educational research and policy
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to identify opportunities to inform relevant public and research debates
- Lead and conduct independent and collaborative research projects which result in the generation of high-quality publications
- Actively participate in competitive funded research projects and join initiatives aimed at growing the education and research component of STEM education in the University and the Faculty of Education
- Maintain an up to date knowledge and understanding of related literature, trends and information in STEM
To be successfully considered for this role, you must have a doctoral qualification in STEM education or a related discipline (e.g. science education, technology education, engineering education or mathematics education), experience in STEM education, and record of independent research resulting in high-quality publications and evidence of growing citation impact. You will be flexible to work both autonomously as well as within the team, and thrive on working to deadlines efficiently.
This role is a full-time position; however, flexible working arrangements may be negotiated.
At Monash University, we are committed to being a Child Safe organisation. As such, this role will require the incumbent to hold a valid Working with Children Check.
Your application must address the selection criteria. Please refer to “How to apply for Monash jobs“.
Assoc Professor Alan Reid, Associate Dean (Education), +61 3 990 44170
Wednesday 3 October 2018, 11:55 pm AEST