Closing Date: September
More information here
Monash College is the preferred pathway to Monash University for international students. For over 20 years we have been leaders in our field, preparing the next generation of global professionals to succeed at university and in their careers.
Monash University Foundation Year (MUFY) program is a transition pathway program which qualifies students for entry into first year tertiary study. MUFY predominantly caters for an international student cohort. The program is delivered in Australia, Malaysia, Indonesia, China and Sri Lanka.
About the role
We are seeking a subject matter expert in Mathematics to join our curriculum team here at Monash College. The Curriculum Learning Specialist will be responsible for developing, creating and reviewing course content, teaching and learning activities, assessments, exams and supporting materials in various mediums including digital and online.
As our Curriculum Learning Specialist for Mathematics, you will play a vital role in supporting international students in reaching their university goals and be part of a collaborative team, who are passionate about creating curriculum that is used worldwide.
Responsibilities of the role Include, but not limited to
- Lead, facilitate and contribute to the design, review and development of Mathematics curriculum.
- Provide leadership in quality assurance processes for internal and external assessment and coursework.
- Develop and review curriculum and assessment materials in area of expertise for use across MCPL Foundation programs.
- Identify professional learning needs and develop programs to support staff delivering curriculum globally.
The preferred applicant will have experience teaching at a senior secondary or tertiary level, with highly developed verbal and written communication skills, the ability to build and maintain relationships and experience supporting the learning of young people, particularly those from diverse cultural backgrounds.
If you are an academic professional looking for your next diverse role and an opportunity to continue making a difference, then this may be the role for you.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Postgraduate tertiary qualifications in education (or a degree, plus extensive experience) and evidence of study in Mathematics.
- Ability to design, develop and deliver innovative curriculum and supporting documentation.
- The ability to build and maintain relationships with Monash University Academics and MUFY Global partners.
- A practitioner’s understanding of the learning and social needs of international students.
- Knowledge and experience of the senior secondary/pathway programs in Australia.
- Experience in the design of student-centred learning experiences and curriculum as well as educational resources for the global design and delivery of the MUFY program.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia.
- Salary: $112,022 – $128,829 + superannuation and great salary packaging benefits. Salary offered for this position will be dependent upon skills and experience.
- This position requires a current Working with Children Check.
- Contract duration: Full time fixed term contract until the end of 2019, with high likelihood to extend.
- Location: This role is based at our Collins Street Campus, however occasional travel between campuses may be required.
- Labour Day, Queen’s Birthday and Melbourne Cup day are normal working days, without penalty payments for time worked. Five days leave (accrued at 1⅔ per public holiday worked) will be granted in lieu, to be usually taken on the days falling between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
For the full position description please click here. Do not delay your application and apply now, as we are currently shortlisting.
Enquiries: Bella Kaur, Talent Acquisition Specialist – email@example.com.