Learning and Teaching Projects
- Mathematics Pathways for VET Students – this OLT project has developed pathway courses for students in Engineering and Education.
- Quantitative skills in Science (QS in Science) project developed quantitative skills as a key learning outcome through embedding QS in undergraduate science programs in a ‘whole of program’ approach.
- MathsAssess was an Office of Learning and Teaching funded project looking at assessment criteria and standards in undergraduate mathematics. The project has developed a framework for assessment based on rubrics and exemplars.
- ALTC Maths and Stats Resource Project (University of Wollongong) provides access to a collection of peer reviewed video teaching resources
- The Australian Council of Deans of Science Teaching and Learning Centre promotes innovation in teaching and learning by providing information on current research, fellowships and innovations in teaching practice.
- Australian Mathematical Sciences Institute (AMSI) is a collaborative enterprise whose aim is to promote the mathematical capabilites of the Australian community through engagement with research and higher education, school education and engagement with the industrial and commercial world.
- The Australian Mathematical Society (AustMS) is the national society of the mathematics profession in Australia. Its mission is the promotion and extension of mathematical knowledge and its applications.
- Science and Mathematics Network of Australian University Educators (SaMnet) is a national network that brings together university academics to collaborate on national issues in university science and mathematics education. It is working co-operatively with discipline networks and universities to develop educational leaders, to foster and spread best practices, and to promote cultural change in university teaching and learning.
- Community for Undergraduate Learning in the Mathematical Sciences (CULMS) is a cross-faculty community within The University of Auckland bringing together all the mathematical science providers at the university.
- Australian Academy of Science Decadal Plan for Mathematical Sciences is being developed to map the current state of mathematics and identify priorities for the future.
- Research in Undergraduate Mathematics Education (RUME) is a Special Interest Group of the Mathematical Association of America (MAA)
- Mathematics Association of America (MAA) provides links to innnovative teaching practices for mathematics at college level.